Pages

Tuesday 22 June 2010

PEI - the gentle island, a great place for families


First impressions
  • WOW the earth is RED! (Anne spoke of it!)
  • Lovely LUPINS (I bought seeds to plant)
  • A gentle and not so gentle breeze blew everyday
  • Islanders are "kindred spirited"
  • Aahhh ... smell the sea air
  • So wonderful to be at the ocean (a distant memory from NZ)
  • mmmmmmm yum ... LOBSTER!
  • GREAT for families - we stayed in Cavendish
  • Go early - mid-June when the tourism spots open, because peak season will be very busy
  • It's a long way from Quebec city!
  • We'll be back again (next year, I hope)
Must do's
Sightly over-rated
  • Cow's ice-cream (I thought it was more about their brand and merchandise than great tasting ice-cream ... sorry Cow's ... Tip Top from NZ is still #1 for me!)
  • Too many Anne of Green Gables sites and memorabilia for my liking (better to enjoy LM Montgomery's books and use your imagination!)

No comments:

Post a Comment