Pages

Saturday 27 March 2010

What I'm reading now ...

I was intrigued by the title "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" (as well as looking for a way to get out a little more in the evenings).

With an almost 17 month old at home, can you believe that I have only been to two girly evening activities in two years (apart from the routine almost weekly evening grocery shop or going to the hairdresser every couple of months)!!

Events in this delightful novel could quite truly have happened.  The work touches on the lives of those living in Guernsey during the 1940's and how one women took a risk, hurriedly gathering together a society to cover an underground activity!

Ideal for a Book Club.  I'm three quarters of the way and anticipating a discussion group gathering next month.

I hope you enjoy reading this book as much as I am currently.

No comments:

Post a Comment